PART 2 P.U.S.H
The birth of a baby involves a contradictory set of ideas. The pain of delivery and the joy of the baby. Pain and Joy.
It’s fascinating to think that someone pushed to make room for us in this world. Someone pushed so you could live. We were pushed into this world and from day 1 pushing to give birth to ideas, accomplishments and dreams is a part of the deal.
God wants to activate a pushing season in your life. A season where you start the completion process of things that started in you years ago.
Mark 2:2 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”
Mark is trying to describe a scene where normal options don’t exist anymore.
Have you ever been there. Are you there now. There is no obvious pathways forward.
Last week we outlined the first 6 things you need to do if you are going to find a way where there is no way.
- Realize that there are always obstacles between you and your answer.
- Never accept No for an answer
- Understand that JESUS must be the center of your pursuit.
- Overcome your self consciousness.
- Do it for others.
- Be prepared for more than you bargained for.
- Find some good Friends. (People that encourage you and inspire you to keep going.)
- Be a good friend to someone. (Need to find some people who are having trouble with their walk this Easter. Maybe they have been crippled by life.)
- Join a team of people who are passionate and focused. (These guys made a great team. Each of them had a clear role.)
- Find your place on the team (There were 5 positions on the stretcher. You have to find which position you are meant to be in. Sometimes you are on the stretcher and sometimes you are carrying the stretcher, but you need to find your place.)
- Think Creatively. (What do you do when there is no way to get something you need. You need a good imagination.)
How did the 4 men get the paralyzed man on the roof. Even more importantly how did they lower him down in front of Jesus. By creativity. P.U.S.H plan until something happens. Patiently peservere the pain and plan and pray until something happens.
12. Respond in faith to what Jesus tells you. (Jesus said to the man. Take up your bed and
Remember he’s never done this before. He doesn’t know how to take up his bed and walk.
What Jesus often asks you to do is something you have never done before.
Coming Up at Influencers