PUSH PART 3
If you are going to achieve that goal successfully, win that race, or birth that dream you are going to need to know how to push right. A lot of people cause damage to themselves.
- Understand the process.
- Learn when to push.
- Learn how to follow instructions from the doctors and nurses.
- Communicate to the doctor what’s happening.
- Learn when to slow down
Not accepting no, thinking creatively, find the right people is all true, but there is a part of pushing that is the most critical for presence filled believers and that is persistant, powerful penetrating prayer.
A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. 30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ” 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
This story happens on a busy day for Jesus. His schedule is packed. The crowds are surging, a synagogue ruler has fallen at his feet and begged him to come to his house and heal his dying daughter. This is the story of a woman with issues.
The issue started in one area but it’s now affecting everything.
- It’s affected her sex life.
- It’s affected her ability to have children.
- It’s affected her work life.
- It’s affected her social life.
- It’s affected her spiritual life.
1. She has to PUSH THROUGH her feelings of hopelessness
2. She has to PUSH THROUGH her feelings of helplessness.
- people who want to break free of their issues, but want to do it alone. You can’t.
3. She has to PUSH THRU her feelings of unworthiness.
- She doesn’t feel worthy
- But something arises inside her, and before she knows it, she’s PUSHING……..pushing through the crowd.
PUSHING IS ABOUT PRAYING.
Her pushing physically is a picture of us pushing spiritually. To touch Jesus she has to do something. To touch Jesus in 2017 we have to do something. What she had to do was push through obstacles, what we have to do is pray. But have you noticed that when it comes to pray it seems like there are obstacles in front of you.
When we pray we have to overcome some of the same obstacles as she did.
- We have to overcome our feelings of hopelessness
- We have to overcome our feelings of helplessness
- We have to overcome our feelings of unworthiness.
- We have to overcome the barriers people put in the way.
WHO IS THIS JESUS
a) He’s the interruptible Jesus. He’s the Jesus who is not too busy to be interrupted. He’s not like your dad. He’s not like your teacher.
b) He’s the vulnerable Jesus. This is the Jesus who has made himself vulnerable to the needs of an unimportant woman.
c) He’s the Intimate and relationship initiating Jesus
Instead of rejection he reaches out to her and calls her daughter.
d) He’s the peace Giving Jesus.
COMING UP AT INFLUENCERS