When Building a House
· you don’t just decide one day to build a home and purchased a block of land and start building.
· Even if you are a builder, you don’t do this.
· There is a specific process that needs to take place for the dream of the new Home to become a reality.
· There is planning, and councils, and architect drawings, builders, tradesman, banks, utility compliances and a whole lot of stuff that needs to happen.
· Sometimes it can become so emotionally, financially and physically draining.
To make a Dream a reality you have be prepared to make some changes along the way..
Just like this market…
As you are moving ahead with your dream....a few things to be to help you...
1. Your Dream may Face Opposition.
When God births a dream in you, as much as it is for you, it is for so many other people.
· Your dream is ultimately not yours but it comes from God.
· Anything that God initiates or creates the enemy hates.
· When you start to declare it and build something that honours God… expect opposition.
· The enemy hates it when you take ground.
· If you are birthing and activating God’s purpose in your life….EXPECT OPPOSITION!!
· It will come in all forms…
- Opposition that does not make sense
What can the opposition look like?
Nehemiah 6:2 Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: “Come, let us meet together in one of the villages on the plain of Ono.”But they were scheming to harm me;
2. Ridicule and Mockery:
Nehemiah 4:2 saying in front of his friends and the Samarian army officers, “What does this bunch of poor, feeble Jews think they’re doing?
3. False Witnesses
Nehemiah 6:5-6 They were twisting the truth to stop the wall from being built.
The enemy is an accuser of the saints. He will always try and deflate you, speak defeat over your life; he will try and expose your weaknesses.
John 10:10a says: “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.”
This is a battle for AUTHORITY.
· The Cross of Christ is the ultimate Authority
· Your God given dream, birthed by God in your heart, carries the authority of the Cross
· It carries the authority of the Word, which is Christ himself.
2. Charred Stones is all God wants…
God dreams always look bigger than us…(And they are).. We often look at the brokenness, the deficiencies, the failures of “who” we are and discard the possibility of seeing that dream birthed.
The miracle of the feeding of the 5000 happened because a little boy with the 2 fishes and 5 loaves gave what he had…the giving of the one thing ended up in multiplication.
- Charred stones that have been discarded as rubbish as unusable….God CAN use again.
Luke 20:17 “Jesus was the stone the builders rejected.”
He makes significant things out of insignificant things.
3. Don’t Drop Your PRAISE.
Nothing worth building costs nothing.
There will always be a price to pay for something significant.
They weren’t complaining because of the opposition. They were complaining about the amount of the work.
- When you get physically tired, your defences are down, your motivation is less. Then your language drops.
- They started speaking about the impossible
- “We will never be able to build the wall by ourselves.”
Judah means “Praise”.
Praise is essential to keeping you in faith.
When you are tired one of the first things you can tend to lose is your praise.
- Praise is a matter of decision
- When you are tired.....Praise even more…..The Joy of the Lord is your strength.
Why Praise is so important?
- Praise gets your eyes off of your circumstance and back onto God, who, by the way, gave you the dream in the first place.
- Praise is activated by Faith
- Praise denies the flesh and the flesh doesn’t really like it
- It positions the flesh, our feelings, in its rightful place, back under the direction of our renewed mind that is making a decision to praise anyway.
Isaiah 61:3-7 (MSG)
Announce Freedom to All Captives
61 1-7 The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me
because God anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor,
heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives,
pardon all prisoners.
God sent me to announce the year of his grace—
a celebration of God’s destruction of our enemies—
and to comfort all who mourn,
To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them “Oaks of Righteousness”
planted by God to display his glory.
They’ll rebuild the old ruins,
raise a new city out of the wreckage.
They’ll start over on the ruined cities,
take the rubble left behind and make it new.
You’ll hire outsiders to herd your flocks
and foreigners to work your fields,
But you’ll have the title “Priests of God,”
honored as ministers of our God.
You’ll feast on the bounty of nations,
you’ll bask in their glory.
Because you got a double dose of trouble
and more than your share of contempt,
Your inheritance in the land will be doubled
and your joy go on forever.