1. Live by CONVICTIONS not Convenience
In its simplest meaning, a conviction is something about which we are convinced.
"Conviction is a Convinced Conscience."
· It is much easier to live by convenience but far less fruitful
· Conviction requires thought, contemplation, belief, decision
· Convictions cause you to become aware
· Convictions are not easily reversed
· Convictions cause you to become unwavering
· Convictions will tend to say “NO” more than they will “YES”..
Convictions are formed by the decision to REMAIN in him
2. Live with Godly CONFIDENCE.
Confidence is the assurance we sense as we start to live out our convictions
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord
Our Confidence is not in ourselves or or ability BUT in the LORD.
3. Get CONNECTED - Move from the Crowd to the Core
The early church was characterised by many amazing attributes;
· Incredible Generosity
· Passion for the Word of God
· Miracles – Signs and Wonders
· Amazing growth
· Transparent worship
All was underpinned by an undying commitment to UNITY and literally "BEING TOGETHER."
Families stick together
Families love unconditionally
Families cover each other
Families create boundaries of safety
They are generous to each other
4. CONTINUE to Remain
Continuance speaks of time and longevity
Success is a “long obedience in the right direction”
God Favours Continuance.
CONTINUANCE IS A CHARACTER TRAIT OF GOD.
5. Remaining Grows Fruit - Remaining leads to Refreshing
The grafted branch has to change, and the host has to support and nourish.
Here are some important facts about grafting —
· the host never changes.
· The cultivated tree stays exactly the same, other than being cut to accept the graft.
· It is the graft that changes, but the graft will never, ever make the newcomer exactly like the natural branches.
· The fruit won’t ever look or taste exactly the same as the fruit the host tree originally produced, but it will change.
· Wild fruit is generally not as abundant as cultivated, or as large.
· Grafting changes that — and within a few years, the grafted branch will produce fruit that is far superior in quantity and quality to what it once produced when attached to the natural wild stock.
6. REMAINING is Foundational to REPRODUCING
Remaining leads to Refreshing – Refreshing leads to Reproduction
Live by Conviction NOT Convenience
Live with Godly Confidence
Continue to Remain