EMBRACE THE GRACE FOR THE RACE!
ISAIAH 43:18-19 18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
Moses can’t speak, so God gives him the grace to run the race.
The stick is God’s grace for the first part of Moses Race. It’s powerful.
Then after all these amazing years, God brings Moses to a pivotal time, just like he’s brought you and I.
READ NUMBERS 20
In the first month the whole Israelite community arrived at the Desert of Zin, and they stayed at Kadesh. There Miriam died and was buried. 2 Now there was no water for the community, and the people gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron.3 They quarreled with Moses and said, “If only we had died when our brothers fell dead before the Lord!4 Why did you bring the Lord’s community into this wilderness, that we and our livestock should die here?5 Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to this terrible place? It has no grain or figs, grapevines or pomegranates. And there is no water to drink!” 6 Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the tent of meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. 7 The Lord said to Moses, 8 “Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink.”
9 So Moses took the staff from the Lord’s presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank. 12 But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.”
So why did this disqualify Moses from entering the promised land?
Moses can’t speak, and has lots of problems, so God gives him a reminder that he is with him and every time he reaches for the grace of God, amazing things happen. The stick has been a powerful weapon. It’s been his X factor. It’s made it possible for function without overcoming his weaknesses. He hasn’t had to speak at all. He’s got his stick. God has anointed Moses past and used it. God grace your past so you can enter the race but there comes a new thing that God wants to do.
And in order for Moses to run the next part of his race, he needs new grace and he has to lead differently. It’s one thing to take people out and help them survive, it’s completely another thing to take people in and possess their promised land.
It’s time to let go of yesterday’s grace… the grace that got you to this place. You got here by his grace, but now it’s a new season, a new thing is springing up and you need new grace.
- If you are a giver, then thank you so much. If you aren’t, then leave behind just being a recipient and become a contributor.
- Leave behind rejection and it’s poisonous hold on our spirit.
- Leave behind being tentative and not being all in.
- Leave behind being an observer and get involved.
- Leave behind being a church goer and become a passionate church builder.
- Leave behind doubts and get all in.
- Leave behind not know what to do.
- Our Memories
- Our Anger
- Our Inconsistency
- Our Time management excuses
- Our Fear
- Our Over-analysis
- Our Lack of submission
- As a church there is a new grace to train and release and raise up champion men, champion women, great leaders in business, great leaders in family, great leaders in life.
- As a church there is a new grace to release the worship of this house.
- As a church it’s time to come aside at Conference and get filled with God’s spirit.
Our new race involves raising up:
- Marriage specialists who can help people with their marriages.
- Parenting specialists who can help people parent.
- Business specialists who can help people win in businesss.
- Young families dept
- Single and single again communities.
Isaiah 60:1 Arise Shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Shine: Do actions that allow Jesus to shine to the city.
It’s our choice to let it go. To let it go promotes us, to hold onto it prevents us.
God’s wanting to grace a different part of your life. He’s wanting to breathe into your leadership, into your abilities. Let the memories go…of church involvement.
God’s grace had become Moses crutch, instead of a bridge between his weakness and his success, his past and future.
Sometime we use God’s grace in a way that allows us to stay unwell, not healed, poor, overcome by the past, unable to cope. God’s grace can be used to perpetuate the state of unwellness we have inside. And it’s because a measure of God’s anointing is on everything he creates.
I’m asking you to engage. Engage with your whole heart.
God is wanting to replace your stick with a sword. From survival to conquest. From grace that covers, to grace that conquers.
CHOOSING to be ALL IN.
- Choosing to invite someone for their sake and yours
- Choosing to be generous and tithe
- Choosing to get connected in Koinonia and attend a House Party.
- Choosing to pray and fast
- Choosing to disciple someone else and be mentored yourself.
- Choosing to be a member and builder of this house
- Choosing to grow in grace and take your next step.
Embrace the grace for the new race.
Coming Up at Influencers