- Jesus said in Matt 22;14 Many are Called Few are Chosen.
Why do we go to College to do our degrees? To prepare ourselves to be chosen by a company.
- Being prepared means developing yourself on purpose.
- Constantly have conversations with leadership about your growth.
- Attend the Dream Team Intensive.
- Being prepared means being Healed
The book of Ephesians is the book about the great struggle of life. The war of perception. Will I believe what God says, or will I believe what others say.
Throughout the book, Paul outlines the great blessing and favor, rights and privileges you have as a child of God.
After 5 chapters of Powerful and life changing statements, the apostle Paul turns his attention not just to a declaration of truth, but to declare that you must prepare yourself for war on unbelief. You see it doesn’t matter how true something is it is only true if you accept it, believe it and act on it.
In Chapter 6 he tells us that even though many are called, few prepare themselves.
Every day the people of Ephesus would see Roman Soldiers walking by, prepared for war. So he uses a metaphor they understood to explain what you have to do to prepare yourself.
Ephesians 6: 10
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
Why was it so important to take up the shield of faith.
The rest of the armour was put on the body and designed to prevent fatal injury. But it didn’t stop you being wounded.
SOLDIERS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE WOUNDED.
The armour protects you from dying, but the shield protects you from even being wounded.
The greatest problem in the church is wounded people.
In America there are 5.7 million people with chronic wounds. Wounds that won’t heal. Over 20 billion dollars is spent annually on wounds that won’t heal.
Getting our wounds healed is part of preparing to be chosen.
WHY DON’T WOUNDS HEAL
- When wounds don’t get relief from constant pressure, there is a breakdown of tissue.
- When there is not enough blood getting to the area.
- Debris in the wound
- Some wounds have to be healed from the inside out
WHOSE AT RISK OF BEING WOUNDED
- Those who don’t know what they believe.
- Those with a history of being wounded.
- Those who let stuff get inside.
HOW DO WE TREAT WOUNDS
- Get to the underlying problem
- Get the Blood to the area so it can heal
- Take out the debris in the wound so it can heal.