We are a group of young people passionate about making a sound that leads everyone that hears it into a genuine, authentic encounter with Jesus!
Philippians 2:9-11 [NLT]
Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- We are all called to disciple someone [Matt 28:19]
- Everything we do is for the glory of God and is for his fame not ours [Matt 5:16]
- Our gifts and talents are invested solely in seeing people encounter Jesus [1 Corinthians 14:26]
- The pursuit of excellence in our musical talents, giving our best (practicing, being on time, having the right heart) [Matt 25:14-30]
>> Theory <<
We are called to be excellent in everything that we do, with this in mind we need to always be working on our musical skills so that we are fully invested in worship and are not focusing on chord charts, working out chords and being distracted!
- Chord Number System (Nashville Numbers) - This is one of the most valuable skills that a musician can learn, The Chord Number System can be used by someone with only a young background in music theory. Improvisation structures can be explained using numbers and chord changes can be communicated mid-song by holding up the corresponding number of fingers.
- 1 finger represents chord 1, 3 fingers represents chord 3 etc.
- Attached below is the chart, the 1, 4, 5 and 6 chords are highlighted as they are the most common chords used
- Major Chords - 1,4,5
- Minor Chords - 2,3,6
- Half Diminished Chords - 7